Montesa was formed in 1944 by Pedro Permanyer and Francisco Bulto (who later formed Bultaco) and built their first small batch of machines based on the very successful Motobecanes of the day. By 1951 their 125cc machines were entered in the ISDT, one of which was ridden by senor Bulto himself.
Montesa Related Information:
- Wikipedia Montesa page here.
- Sheldon’s EMU Montesa page here.
- Montesa Web here.
- Montesa Brochures here. From Moto Guapa
- Extensive list of Montesa Models here. From Moto Guapa
- Montesa Posters here. From Moto Guapa