Over some fifty years the Garelli company produced more than 1,500,000 machines including motorcycles, mopeds and industrial engines. In 1961 Garelli merged with industrial group Agrati. In World Championship events from 1982 to 1987 the Garelli 125 GP achieved six titles with Angel Nieto, Fausto Gresini and Luca Cadalora. The Garelli factory closed its doors permanently in 1987. The marque was later acquired by New Garelli S.p.A., owned by Paolo Berlusconi, brother to Italy’s notorious former prime minister Silvio.
Garelli Related Information:
- Wikipedia Garelli page here.
- Sheldon’s EMU Garelli page here.
- Wheels of Italy Garelli page here.
- Garelli Katia story (1973-1991) in Italian here.
- Garelli Gulp story (1968-1978) in Italian here.